The purpose of the Fairmount Christian Church is to develop followers of Jesus who love God, love people, and introduce the world to Christ. Our Scriptural direction is derived from the book of Matthew: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind [and] love your neighbor as yourself.” The various ministries of our church will emphasize this purpose and be obedient to Christ. We achieve our purpose by providing:
- Worship opportunities that attract people and inspire, encourage, and challenge all who worship with us to love God at the deepest level.
- Educational opportunities that encourage the church to reach out with the love of God and the message of Christ to their neighbors next-door and around the world.
- Service opporunities for people to express their love for God by serving others in the church and in the community.
- Fellowship opportunities that allow the church to attract the community and help the church body grow closer to each other and in the process grow closer to God.
All of this is done in an environment of prayer, with an expectation of excellence, and in an atmosphere of family where all are accepted and loved.
What We Believe
- God is the creator of all things visible and invisible. He is the Father Almighty who loves each one of us. (Genesis 1:1; John 4:24)
- Jesus Christ is the only-begotten, virgin-born Son of God who died for our sins, was buried, and was raised on the third day, according to the Scriptures. He ascended into Heaven and will return to earth to judge both the living and the dead. (John 1:14; John 3:16; Luke 1:26-38; 1 Corinthians 15:3-8)
- The Holy Spirit is an active and operating part of the Trinity who dwells in every Christian. (John 16:5-16; 2 Timothy 1:14)
- Salvation (the free gift of God) comes by Grace through the blood of Christ and the pattern to follow to receive that Grace is through faith in Christ, repentance of personal sin, confessing that Jesus is Lord and by being immersed in Christian baptism. (Matthew 26:28; Ephesians 2:8; Luke 24:45-47; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:1-7; 1 Peter 3:21; 2 Peter 3:9)
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God, given to “make you wise for salvation”. It is infallible in the original documents and the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. It gives the perfect pattern of Christ’s Church. (Isaiah 40:8; Hebrews 4:12, 13; 2 Timothy 3:16)
- Contrite, repentant believers observed the Lord’s Supper in remembrance of Christ’s sacrifice for our sins. The pattern of the early Christians was to observe this Supper on the first day of the week. (Matthew 26:26-29; 1 Corinthians 11:23-29; Acts 20:7)
- Although the date or time of the Second Coming of the Lord to gather His Church and to judge the world is unknown, it is certain. (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18; Titus 2:11-13; John 14:1-6; 2 Peter 3:10; Revelation 22:20)